Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Episode 17 Recap (Complete)

cute new cartoon credit

The King addresses the quartet and apologizes for using force to bring them there.

King Jeongjo: Such precious comrades… you were treated roughly. It was because there was no choice, in order to escape the eyes of others. Will you forgive the rudeness of your King? What to do… Professor Jung… it appears your pupils will not accept the apology of a King.

(Professor Jung appears)
Jalgeum 4: Teacher…

King Jeongjo: I am about to command a secret mission upon you.

The King shows the quartet a map of a city that he wants to build that had been his father’s dream (and now his as well) where political faction and social class won’t divide the people.

(uncovers a city map, among others)

King Jeongjo: I will build a new city by this place, Hwaseong fortress. I will give those who want to sell – their place of commerce, and to those who want to plough the fields – their farm. A great city of the East without political factions, without slaves or noblemen, where richness and poverty are shared, and where class distinction is absent. This is the dream my father bequeathed me, and this is the dream that I wish to dream, together with you.

PJ explains what happened to YS’s dad and JS’s brother ten years ago and how they died and the King asks for the quartet’s help to discover the truth about their deaths
_____________

Yoon Hee: I want to find it. No, I must find it. Though I cannot remember his face clearly, I wish to learn what my father was like. If I look for his dying instructions that are missing… if I follow his last traces, then perhaps I can understand a little of… who he was, and how he lived his life… I wish to know. Please help me Seniors. Then JS says he wants to know too-what his (foolish/pathetic) brother hoped to accomplish.
__________

King Jeongjo, Prime Minister, Professor Jung]

Prime Minister: Moon Jae Shin and Kim Yoon Shik are more fitting to carry out this secret mission than anyone else. However, Your Majesty, I am inadequate to comprehend why Lee Sun Joon, the son of a Noron, and that other, who is neither a Namin nor a Soron..

King Jeoungjo: Gu Yong Ha.. Gu Yongha, that amusing boy is precisely the future of Joseon that I wish to build.

PJ: do you believe/have faith the kids can solve this ____puzzle/mystery?

King Jeongjo: Of course I have to trust they can
_______________

***the quartet is gathered in the room and Yhee starts to read the letter (and I have absolutely no idea what she is reading) and YH interrupts by saying “wait wait wait- wow that is impressive” and Yhee eagerly asks, “did you understand that Senior? and he says “No, I have no idea what it’s trying to say” (ditto)
Yh starts to narrate what happened that night ten years ago and they show a flashback of the King and YS’s dad when the King entrusted YS’s dad of the task (omg Yhee’s dad is played by that guy that played Choi Han Gyul’s real birth father!! sorry thought i would throw in some kdrama trivia)
Yhee and SJ start to piece together the clues from the Chinese? Korean?characters and Yhee figures out most of it and JS finishes her sentence and she asks him if he knew all about this business
_________________

IS tells his dad about the bracelet and that they should send guards to SKKS to capture JS but his dad is hesitant to take such extreme measures on just a hunch with no concrete proof since the bracelet alone won’t do

WM: So Hong Byuk Seo is the Chief Inspector’s son…

IS: This is his belonging we found at the place where Hong Byuk Seo disappeared.

WM: We have a hunch, and we have a piece of evidence, but we have no definite proof.

IS: We can send the military to Sungkyunkwan tomorrow to capture him and send him to geumbu (high-crime treason court/holding).

WM: You mean to use such radical measure, as to send military into Sungkyunkwan?

IS’s dad shares an alternate plan and after his dad leaves, IS says to the head guard that his old man is too cautious and asks the guard to lend him a few men so IS can capture HBS before he enters SKK
_____________

JS tells YH about the GDJS and how it will prove who is behind the death of his brother and YS’s dad and the reason why he didn’t say it earlier was cuz YS and SJ was in the room
______________



***IS and some guards surround YH and JS on the streets

IS: so glad I ran into you guys here
…say that HBS has shown up

YH: you should have told me sooner so I can go see

IS: then start looking all you want from now
(a guard pulls out a drawing of HBS and holds it up to JS’s face)

IS: we can talk about the details at the jail (??? I’m guessing)

YH; if you’re going to use such flimsy evidence to capture HBS then the guy who looks most similar to him seems to be you
(holding the sketch of HBS up to IS’s face)

IS: I’m curious if you’ll still be able to joke after seeing this. It’s the evidence you left behind last night when you were caught as HBS. If I need a witness to say that this bracelet belongs to MJS, I can bring anyone from SKK
(The guards grab JS and one of them is wearing the bracelet)

JS: Is this what you are looking for?

YH holds up his wrist with the same bracelet on it: Or something like this?

YH: we have to go listen to Professor Yu’s lecture – so do you -so you should hurry –wait –you don’t need this anymore right? (YH takes bracelet out of IS’s hand) Our Daemul has been wanting one like this – we should all share things we don’t need anymore – you should try practicing that

( really funny moment cuz IS just stands there speechless)

(YH and JS run off – that is the happiest I’ve seen JS in a while)



YH to JS: you saw that right? I’m Gu Yong Ha

JS (stops smiling and looks serious): I’m thinking of finding it. If I can find the missing GDJS, I can probably meet the guys who did that to my brother and I’m thinking of showing them what they REALLY need to be scared of

YH: So what can I do? (kinda like how can I help out)
_____________

Yhee has doubts about herself and says this

Yhee: That place where Geum Deung Ji Sa (Yeongjo’s letter defaming Norons) is.. that place where our nation begins… will I be able to find it? I have never done anything this enormous, and I have no interest in political affair or matters of our nation, and I am not bright-minded, and I can’t even begin to guess what my father’s thoughts and aspirations were, and in addition, I…

***SJ: I’ll be here. When you start to feel things are getting complicated and difficult, I’ll be by your side. When you regret starting this dangerous task, next to you, I’ll be there.When you don’t want to go on and want to throw your hands up in defeat, when you lack faith in your ability, when you feel frustrated, and if we end up not being able to do anything, come up empty handed and fail –Kim Yoon Hee (takes her hand) -I will always be by your side


___________

PJ tells JS that JS reminds PJ of his older brother:

Professor Jung: The king has a special request for you. Do not come forward as Hong Byuk Seo and supply them secrets of any kind anymore.

Jae Shin: You (he) knew?

Jung: Though your father is Chief Inspector, if you should be arrested by Minister of War now, he cannot save you.

Jae Shin: I am already aware of that. I believe he doesn’t have the power… nor the desire to do so… my father.

Jung: Your older brother was a good writer as well. Through your bulletins, I saw his image, and it was a welcoming sight. Did you work hard so your writing can resemble his?

Jae Shin: Loving the people without worrying for the nation is not poetry. Aching for the era without infuriation at the world is not poetry. Promoting virtue without guarding evil is not poetry. This is from the book I take pleasure in reading, a book of poetry and writings by Sungkyunkwan’s long-time scholar Jung Yak-Yong.

Jung Yak-Yong: Even so, if you should lack in attendance, you will once again fail the Confucius analects class this school year.


________________

***SJ and Yhee are in the bookstore elevator and SJ struggles with the controls and can’t get it to work and Yhee kids saying “Is it cuz Soon Dol always does things like this for you(what’s so hard about it)? and she pulls it wrong and she ends up in SJ’s arms. The bookstore owners knock and asks them if they are okay and then asks if the machine is broken cuz it’s so hot in there (and Yhee starts to fan herself). (LOL)
Outside the bookstore:

SJ: it was a good thing the elevator broke (on its own). I thought since you have so much strength, maybe you caused it to jolt on purpose.

Yhee: What do you mean by that?

SJ (coyly): Why- don’t you remember? Yesterday…at the library…”do I have to say it with words”… (hinting that maybe she set it up to kiss him again is my guess)

Yhee (taken back by his suggestion): Can’t believe this…that will never happen again so don’t worry! (storms off insulted)

SJ (chasing after her): No… what I meant was…(mutters something to himself- didn’t understand this last part)

At SKKS courtyard where JS comes up and sees them speaking from a distance, SJ finally catches up to her:

Yhee: I told you not to worry – in the future that will never happen again.

SJ: I wanted to tell you from the start…and he starts using REALLY hard words so that others (and me) won’t be able to understand and she says something equally hard and says “you can trust me”.

Whatever they said, it makes JS smile.
______________

Love letter scene in the library-SJ stands nearby while she discovers one letter after another and reads them with SJ’s voice narrating

YHee thinking: Did he say the golden document from the classic of history (1 of 5 Confucius classics)?

SJ narrating: “smile once, younger once; angry once, older once.” If you laugh once, you are younger by one year, and if you’re mad once, you gain a wrinkle. It was just a prank, so please don’t be angry anymore.” Those whose strength is not enough give up half way. You are now limiting yourself.” This is a teaching from the Analects of Confucius. To give up something you’ve started is not something a Confucius scholar should do.. Know your enemy and know yourself, and you will win a hundred battles… are you really so unaware of my heart?

then the random guy interrupts by grabbing the book with the next part
to sum up this scene: SJ leaves love notes and she finds them and reads it one by one and when another scholar picks up the book that has the next part, SJ gets in the way and tries to get the other guy to take another book and the other onlookers tell that guy to let SJ have the book this time and the guy says “you saw how LSJ apologized to me right” (like it is a big deal for a Noron to aplogize to a Soron)
after they all leave, SJ and Yhee smile at each other and SJ walks away to let her read the last one

***SJ’s narration: the last thing i wanted to say, I’m not gonna say it directly, I think you should read it yourself “I love you”
_______________

Ok YH tries to piece together what happened with the book???? omg i dont know cuz he kept narrating using hard words – but he also interrogates some people. rewatching it, I just realized that in one scene he is spying on that corrupt policeman that later tries to extort SJ and IS’s dad for money to keep mum about what he saw ten years ago. and while YH is talking to that gisaeng, YH’s dad sees YH there and chases YH out of the bar (?don”t know what they call drinking places back then-taverns maybe?)
______________

***back at their home, YH’s dad instructs YH to marry a girl with a high rank and when Yh says he wont do it, YH’s dad says “no? so do you intend to let your kid live as a half noble?

YH: If a family that is willing to sell off their daughter is a good household, there wouldnt be any ???? households left in Joseon.

(oohhh – really wanted to get this right but there were some hard words thrown in – someone fluent please help)

YH’s dad compliments YH for hanging out with SJ cuz he is a Noron and might be useful (with helping build up YH’s reputation I think) and says that Yh knows how the world runs after all and then he mentions how he has always been upset that YH chose to be so close to a Soron like JS all these years. YH’s father continues by saying that it’s not too bad these days cuz even though Norons rule right now, maybe later on being friends with a Soron might prove beneficial
that angers YH and he gets up and says something really important but I have no clue what it is and then just as YH is about to leave, his father says something about how YH needs to stop what he is doing cuz even though others may come out of it unscathed, it will harm YH’s standing in society (100% guesses here so dont quote me on it-going purely by nuance)
____________

IS’s two lackeys spy on YH and report back to IS

Byeongchoon: But President, why investigate about Yeorim’s family census all of a sudden?

Insoo: The Gods aim to help me, so I should do my human best as well.
_________

YH tells JS that YH trusts JS to find the GDJS so that YH can see the ideal Joseon the King envisions and JS asks him “are you drunk or did something happen”?
at that moment, some men walk by saying something and YH repeats it and it gives JS an idea so JS goes home and rummages through his own dad’s personal cabinet (with YH’s narration about the rest of their conversation about what YH discovered during the day) and JS gets caught by his dad



JS’s dad: What do you think you are doing? This is where I conduct my work. Even though you’re my son…

Jaeshin: Why is this here? Please answer. Why is there a complete record about my older brother’s incident and these investigation records about Left State Minister and War Minister in your personal cabinet? why?

***JS’s dad says “you really think I forgave those people who did that to my son?

JS; then is it true that the Left State Minister did that?

JS’s dad: yes so now leave it up to me to take care of what happened to your brother and dont get involved anymore…I’ve been biding my time all these years till I can avenge my son’s death (and the rest was something like “don’t take away a father’s right to do so” I think)
(man i wish I was more fluent to get that part right – it was GOOD)
as JS walks out, he replays all the terrible things he said to his dad and looks regretful
_______________

Yhee and SJ look over some books in their room and the cuteness ensues:

SJ pretends something is on Yhee’s hand so he can touch it pretend wipte and she lets him hold her hand and he grabs it firmly and they tell each other to concentrate on reading, but keeps smiling

JS comes back and sees them inside and gives them privacy and goes up to his tree (my heart just broke for him)
_________________

SJ’s dad and IS’s dad are drinking but they are interrupted by that police guy from the previous episode (the one who was all mean to the poor people) and he tells them about what he knows that happened ten years ago and wants to be paid off for his silence and tells them exactly what he saw and IS’s dad wants to just kill him off but Sj’s dad (my guess doesnt want to leave a trail of bodies or something)
_____________________

SJ and Yhee fell asleep like that holding hands over the desk and in the morning SJ wakes up before her and smiles looking at Yhee and holds her other hand too.
____________________

SJ goes to the library and asks JS about what he knows and JS says let’s work separately to find GDJS
_____________

Yhee chases after JS and says “you didnt come back last night- how is your search going? is it going well? we’re going to the bookstore today to see if….(dont get the rest) do you know about that? Instead of answering, JS just pats her on her shoulder and walks away
______________



The school headmaster catches some scholars hiding out, not wanting to go to classes and wanting to play hooky cuz it’s such a nice day. The headmaster says there is a reason why some families don’t live well and points to each one of them. Pointing out their shortcomings, he brings up LSJ and his background and track record as a model student and says “have you ever seen someone like LSJ skip classes” and they collectively point and say “yes –there he goes” and the camera pans to LSJ walking out with Yhee on their way to the bookstore. It looks like a mini date cuz they stop to eat snacks and look REALLY happy
_________



***SJ tells Yhee to go inside alone cuz he has something he needs to do first. ( he went to buy Yhee’s ring).

HE is inside the bookstore and asks Yhee how SJ is doing and asks Yhee to help HE to get SJ to change his mind about HE

When SJ walks in and Yhee tries to leave the room to give HE and SJ some privacy, he stops Yhee and says to HE in front of Yhee that SJ has someone in his heart and to give up on him and grabs Yhee’s hand and walks out (JSsees SJ and Yhee holding hands from afar as they leave the bookstore and the camera lingers on JS’s face -you can just FEEL his heart break)

SJ drags Yhee away and goes to an alley and asks why she tried to give him and HE privacy

SJ: what did you mean by that? that you would give us some space?

Yhee: it seemed like the two of you had things to say since you are going to get married. If it’s about me, cuz you’re being considerate-I’m ok. I’m more than happy with the way things are now. I never once thought about us marrying since it’s wanting too much.

SJ: start thinking about it now-start to think about it seriously-this whole time- I’ve been thinking about it so much till I thought my head would explode

Yhee: we’re too different

SJ: because of you-I ended up doing all the things I never thought I could do. But you, as always…..you’re not even trying to take the first step to come out. what you’re trying to push back is not greed, but me.

Yhee: so what should i do? I’m so afraid – I like you too much…because I’m happy every day, I’m not used to this

She starts to walk off but he grabs her in a hug and tries to kiss her, but their hats get in the way (they try from every angle but it’s no use) so they laugh and hold hands and go. Yhee says”we better go in, Seniors are waiting.”
__________________

JS tells YH that JS knows who the person behind the deaths were
________________

In the elevator SJ and Yhee are going down but SJ stops it before they get off and SJ gives Yhee a ring, takes her hat off, and kisses her and while they are still in there YH says really loudly that the person behind the deaths is SJ’s dad and Yhee and SJ are shocked to overhear that

end



0 insan doakan kebahagiaanku:

 

Copyright © 2011 Reserved to Bukan Cerita Tentang Coklat Design with love by CikBulat